top of page
WHAT TO DO:
1. Grab protective gloves from the first aid box before dealing with any open wound.
2. Press down on the injury using any available material to control the bleeding.
3. Ask the casualty to raise the limb where the bleed is. If the wound is on the lower body, lay the casualty down and elevate the leg on to a chair, box or platform.
By doing this, you're essentially acting as a barrier, helping the blood to clot and stop further blood loss.
4. Dial 999 as quickly as possible
If you're unable to make the call, ask someone nearby to do it.
5. Maintain the pressure on the injury until professional help gets there.
bottom of page